Since I shared my entry for BBB’s Arthas contest a while back, I oblige to share my entry for Euripedes’ own Arthas Contest. Unlike the Big Bear Butt’s prompt to write a passage pertaining to an in-character meeting with Arthas, rip somehow wants a creative and succulent way to clog his arteries while he reads about the Lich King’s decent into madness. Perhaps he wants to die of a heart attack and be later raised as a Lich himself, I don’t know. Either way, this is my submission, Bacon Double Cheeseburger Quesadillas.
– Large Flour Tortillas
– Grated Cheese – Preferably a blend of cheddar and Monterrey Jack
– Ground Beef
– Mushrooms, sliced
– Garlic Powder
– Butter or Margarine Optional
1. Sauté sliced mushrooms in a pan, then cook the ground beef with it, adding a teaspoon of garlic powder. Set aside.
2. Pan-fry bacon to taste, dividing finished strips into smaller pieces, depending on original size
2. Heat a seperate frying pan to medium/medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon of oil to line the pan, or use butter or margarine to taste. Place a flour tortilla onto the pan, flipping the tortilla every 10 or so seconds until air pockets form.
3. Take a small amount of cheese and sprinkle it into the tortilla, adding ground beef and bacon to it. Add more cheese on top of that.
4. Reduce the heat to low, and cover the pan to melt the cheese. When melted, Use a spatula to flip one half of the tortilla over the other like an omelette. Flip the tortilla every 10 seconds or so until browned to taste.
5. Remove quesadilla from pan, and cut into wedges. Serve with sour cream and/or salsa, french fries optional.
Yum. See you on Wednesday, after my exam. Wish me luck!