This is coming in REALLY late, but apparently, I have been tagged/memed/awarded the awesome honest scrap award from none other than Larísa at the Pink Pigtail Inn. Larísa, I love the support you always give, and while you insist that said shoutout was not a means to inject some life/inspiration back into my blog, I am well aware of my current blogging situation and also excited with something recent that may provide that spark (more on that tomorrow/later this week).
EDIT: Oh, and I got awarded from WTFSpaghetti as well. Figured I should add this, since I originally started this draft nearly a week before I got mentioned on his blog. Great guy all around, go check him out.
That said, it is necessary to post the rules regarding this “award.”
1. When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to the said person so everyone knows she/he is real.
2. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven friends. Show the seven random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with Honest Weblog. Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on!
At this stage of the game, it seems that everyone has already received this prestigious award. It would be ridiculous for me to pick seven if they’ve already been picked, so I pass this on to anyone who comments.
Moving along, the 10 honest things about myself are after the break!
10 Honestly Awesome Things About Me
1. If you’re reading this on my blog, I’m actually doing a list of 25 on Facebook, but borrowing 10 for this post, because I have a similar meme thing to forward on my Facebook. If you’re reading this on facebook, I own a blog. That should count as 2 points, but I’m a nice guy.
2. I play World of Warcraft religiously, but I’m under control. I gave up WoW for lent, and I’m still clean!
3. After WoW, I am a sucker for the Pokémon series. I have nearly every single non-spinoff pokemon game, the only ones I’m missing are Red, Yellow, and Crystal.
4. Other than video games, I like watching anime. My favourite series is FLCL, which is also called “fooly cooly” or “furi kuri.”
5. I love to write. As I’ve already stated, I have a blog, but I also like to write stories, mostly related to fanfiction. I’m on-and-off again with writing in general, but I don’t think I can really give it up. Heck, I even enjoyed writing lab reports back in University.
6. Okay, I’m still in University, but I only have 1 course left this year to finish up my degree. It counts as still being in school but actually doing the whole University Life thing.
7. I have a weird, selective system of beliefs. I don’t believe in fate/destiny, but I believe in karma. I don’t believe in true love, but I believe in love at first sight.
8. Speaking of love, I’m a helpless romantic. I am willing to do really cheezy things for a girl if there’s a chance that it might woo her the slightest bit.
9. I’m also a cheap/lazy romantic. I don’t overspend for gifts/etc (cheap). I buy gifts ahead of time based on inspiration/cost efficiency (cheap/lazy). I plan relationships such that anniversaries are easy to remember (lazy?). My last two long-term relationships had anniversaries of June 9 and February 22. That’s 6/9 and 2/22.
10. My favourite colour is supposedly green, but I often switch between green and orange. Lately, I’ve been digging red a lot, but my indecision with colours (and apparent lack of colour coordination) makes me blue.
BONUS: 11. I am an only child, but video games has been like a big brother to me, teaching me life lessons. Such as:
“The princess will usually, if not always, be in another castle. But that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy playing through the levels.”
“If at first you don’t succeed, there’s usually a strategy guide somewhere to help you if you look hard enough.”
“Play by the rules. Cheat codes may help you beat the game, but people won’t acknowledge your skill when you succeed.”
Yeah, if that doesn’t show how much of a geek I am, then I don’t know what will. Have an awesome day!