Welcome to the ‘new’ new black!
Hi everyone! If you are reading this, then most likely, you have been redirected here from the old site, located at blogger. As you can see, there are still a bunch of things to do to make this site more accessible, but I’ll try my best to bring it up to speed as I continue blogging.
After the break: reasoning, to do list, RSS information.
Why I Chose to Switch
To be honest, I’ve been thinking about switching to wordpress for a while, once I had realized some limitations that blogger had shown. Here is bulleted list of reasons why I ended up switching.
- I was starting to get sick of the blogger interface. It felt a little too simple and “google-ish” for me, if such a word exists. I was looking for something with more of a Microsoft feel. Ergonomic, accessible, customizable, sharp.
- I was desparate for individual pages with their own links. I really like the page feature on WP, as it has them accessible right at the top of the blog.
- I didn’t like the integration of Goole Analytics with the blog. You can thank Gnomeageddon’s Googledgnome for intriguing me to switch.
- Categorization on Blogger started getting out of hand, and I wanted to reogranize all the categories of my posts. In doing so, I might as well make the switch to wordpress while I was at it.
- I was too dumb to find the strikethrough button in Blogger. I wanted a variety of visible font options to make the posts slightly more professional in appearance.
- Most importantly, I wanted a more streamline approach to blogging.
My To Do List
- Update Blogroll
- Categorize ALL my posts
- Continue Death Knight 101
- Register a blog-specific email address for contact purposes.
IMPORTANT: New RSS Feed
The RSS link can be found at the bottom of the page. If you’re too lazy to check, I’m led to believe that the link is http://frostisthenewblack.wordpress.com/feed/
If I’m on your blogroll, please update, or else you won’t be seeing more of me in the future! (And that would be a terrible thing to happen, right?)